Saturday, May 26, 2007

More about Copenhagen



This is one of my favorite areas of Copenhagen, an area called Nuhaven.  There is a line of restaurants along the canal and they all have outdoor tables.  My sister Caroyln and I sat outside and watched the sun set over Copenhagen.  It was our last night there. We noticed a lot of people with ice cream cones and so we had to try one after dinner.  All the ice cream shops have their own waffle irons and their is someone sitting at it making fresh cones.  The smell is wonderful.  I had a small cone and Carolyn had a big one covered with chocolate.  I should probably tell you that the reason I had a small one was because it was my second one of the day.  The ice cream is the soft kind and is very rich and creamy.



Here it is the big cinnamon roll that my sister Rosie would not share with me!

Rosemary and I started out from the hotel early and stopped at a bakery to have breakfast.  They had fresh baked cinnamon rolls that were about 6" round.  I thought that she would split one with me but no,  she wanted one for herself and ate the whole thing.  She said she needed the energy because she knew we would do a lot of walking and we did.

What I'm working on today; Ahhh, the life of an artist is not as exciting as everyone thinks. I'm headed downtown to continue work on... you guessed it... the car painting. I spent about 5 hours working on it yesterday. If you happen to be downtown today stop by and say hi. I'll be in the gallery from 10 to 1. Have a great holiday weekend.