Thursday, May 10, 2007

Copenhagen, the boat ride






One of the first things I like to do when I arrive in any new city is to take the tour bus ride. In Copenhagen it is even better because you can take a boat ride. The reason I love to do this is because it gives you a very good idea of how big the city is and it points out the main attractions that you will probably want to visit. Being an artist I am a visual person and taking a tour like this helps me to organize my trip.

The top photo is an example of the Danish architecture that I loved so much. This building was a residential condominium complex on the canal.

The second picture is a watercolor painting that I did after our boat ride of my two sisters, Caroyln and Rosemary. It was a beautiful sunny day and we sat at an outdoor cafe and sampled the Tuborg beer brewed right in Copenhagen.

The third photo is a typical scene of the lovely views of old architecture that you see from the canals. This view is what I imagined Copenhagen would look like.

The last photo was taken from the boat. There were many people sitting along the canals having lunch enjoying the weather. They were having an early spring according to one of the residents.

What I'm working on today: I'm finishing up the 5x7 foot oil painting of a Red Ferrari that I've been working on the last couple months. It is a commissioned piece. I will also print a few photos from my travels and do a couple of small watercolors.