Thursday, July 12, 2007

I'm joining Town & Country Fine Art Gallery!

Several of the artists that share gallery space with me downtown at the Cannery Art & Design Center have asked me to join them south of town at the Town & Country Fine Art Gallery. My work will be hanging there as of Monday, July 16. I will have an official opening sometime soon after I've had a few weeks to produce some work from my recent trip.

Today I am spending the afternoon painting with a friend and great artist, Mike Elsass. He has acquired the use of an empty storefront in Town & Country Shopping Center next to the BW3 restaurant for the next several months. We will be there painting this afternoon from 2-6pm. Stop by if you want to see what we are working on today. Mike is planning to use the space for art encounters with other artists and the general public. He is calling the space "Art in Motion". It will be used for everything from art demonstrations and lectures to slide shows of my world travels. If you know anyone who would like to make use of the space let me know and I will put you in contact with the right person. A calendar of events is being compiled and will be published soon. Let me know if you are interested in the calendar and I will make sure you recieve an email.

I am also publishing Day 4 of my Mediterranean Trip. Scroll back on the blog if you are interested.