Monday, July 23, 2007

All set up and no canvas!



You've heard the expression, "All dressed up and no place to go!", well how about "All set up and no canvas to paint on!. I headed over to the Art in Motion space at Town & Country Shopping Center to paint. I was careful to seatbelt the sunflowers in the front seat so that they didn't get smashed in transport, I grabbed a spot light and a background cloth as well as all my usual painting supplies, set everything up, looked around for the canvas and realized that I had failed to retrieve one from the pile at home. See... we artists have problems just like everyone else.

"Art in Motion" is a temporary space that is being used to create art. It is a place where artists and the public can interact and share ideas about making art. We are in the process of publishing a calendar of events that will include art demonstrations, workshops, performance art, music, book club gatherings, art club gatherings. If you want the calendar sent to you by email please drop me a line with your address. If you or anyone you know is interested in making art in this space let me know that also and I will put you in touch with "the man".

"Art in Motion" is located in the Town & Country Shopping at the corner of Far Hills and Stroop Rd. in Kettering, Ohio. It is in the center on the mall, just east of the Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant. Stop by and visit.