Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Helen's Sunflowers

Helen's Sunflowers, oil on canvas, 20"x28", $495.

Here is the finished sunflower painting that I've been working on the last few days. I titled it Helen's Sunflowers because I was with my brother-in-law's Mother, Helen, when I found the flowers. We stopped at Treadway's Gardens south of town and the field of sunflowers was adjacent to the fruit stand. I bought the last five in the vase and the cashier headed for the field to cut more. I'm a sucker for two subjects when it comes to painting and that is pears and sunflowers. I could paint either of them everyday and not get tired of them. The painting is hanging in the window of Art in Motion at Town & Country next to BW3's restaurant.

Today I am headed downtown to the Cannery. Our monthly "First Friday" open house is coming up this Friday, August 3, from 5-10pm. I want to rearrange things and add a few new pieces. I will be out of town on Friday so leave me a note in my book if you stop by.

P.S. If you want to leave a comment on my blog all you need to do is place your cursor on top of the word comment at the bottom of the blog and click. It should open a window that allows you to post a comment.