Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Scream

I rode the bike path on Sunday to take some reference photos for some paintings that I'm thinking of doing.  It was so hot. Stopping under the railroad bridge to get out of the sun for a minute seemed like a great idea, right? I do love taking photos of things that have lots of pattern and texture which is exactly what I found when I looked up under the bridge...


 
I became mesmerized by the rich orange colors of the rusted steel contrasted against the deep blue of the crystal clear sky. I got off my bike and climbed down the rocks to get closer to the water...maybe the water reflecting up onto the trusses would be even more interesting...   

just as I got to the perfect place on the rocks I heard rumbling from afar... and before I could do anything a freaking bazillion ton train was directly over my head, blazing by, causing little pieces of things to drop down into my hair, the weight of the train making pounding vibrations for my body to absorb...
At first I covered my mouth to shield my shrieks... then realizing that no one would hear me I let loose and screamed my heart out for what seemed like eternity.  And then I laughed like I was a kid again.  Art enriches our lives in so many ways!